Dominion Energy is partnering with the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Foundation to temporarily expand its EnergyShare program to assist those small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Dominion Energy Virginia has pledged $1 million to help provide energy bill relief for small businesses, nonprofits, and houses of worship in its Virginia service territory. The program funding will be covered by shareholders and will not impact customer rates. Qualified businesses may be eligible for one-time assistance with their Dominion Energy electric bill up to $1,000.
- Must be a for-profit business owned and independently operated, nonprofit with 501(c)(3) status, or house of worship
- Must be licensed to do business in Dominion Energy’s service territory with an active, business account separate from personal account(s)
- Certify business has loss of revenue and is need of financial assistance due to COVID-19
- Employ 50 or fewer people as of January 1, 2021
- Franchises or other business arrangements in which utility accounts are maintained by a parent company
- Government-owned business entities (except for businesses owned or controlled by a Native American Tribe)
- A business principally engaged in rental property byresidential, commercial, or industrial tenants
How to Submit an Application
Applications are available on the Dominion Energy website: DominionEnergy.com/our-stories/smallbusiness-relief-program. The applicant must submit their completed and e-signed application via e-mail to AskEnergyShare@DominionEnergy.com for review. The application period will remain open until the funds allocated to the program are exhausted. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thank you to our partners!