Military and Veterans Affairs Executive Committee
The Military and Veterans Affairs Executive Committee provides thought leadership on how Virginia can protect and secure its current military assets while ensuring our veterans can access civilian careers upon the completion of their service.
Virginia is deeply committed to taking care of service members and their families, and providing a high quality of life for them not only while they serve but as they transition to civilian life. Virginia has the fastest-growing veteran population in the nation, where one in 10 Virginians is a veteran. An important part of caring for our veterans includes preparing and connecting them to careers after military service. Our veteran community also represents an invaluable resource for employers that need highly qualified talent to increase profitability and productivity.
Work Plan Overview
- Develop a communications plan outlining objectives and strategies to strengthen Virginia’s brand as best state for members of the military community
- Pilot Career Roadmaps in Cyber/IT & Skilled trades
- Present industry roadmaps to TAP class participants
- Host HIRE VETS NOW events for targeted industries
- Develop recommendations for leveraging existing resources for military spouses
- Expand HIRE VETS NOW program to include events focused on diversity
- Identify and present policy recommendations, including federal and state funding, to expand Skill Bridge programs
Military and Veterans Affairs Executive Committee – Corporate Members
Military Liaison Strategic Recruiter
Newport News Shipbuilding
Senior Director of Operations, US Card, Enterprise Specialty Servicing,